GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:50:22 EDT
Mr. Sallah:
I must commend you on an excellent piece to the president.  It hits some important chords that need to be addressed.  In some of my postings in the past, I had expressed concern over the emergence of these radical extremist groups, such as the youth wing and the July 22nd wing.  I predicted that these armed wings would be the perpetrators of violence against the community. A prediction that has materialized.  Now, the fact that our president endorsed their motives in a nationally televised conference is a very disturbing site.  You addressed that issue in a more subtle tone, and I hope he gets your drift.

I commend your efforts again.  However, I am one of those that are extremely distressed about the situation home right now.  My belief is that letters, while they might make a temporary impact on his conscience, will do nothing to change the farcical leader of this joke of a governement.  After all, how can we deal with a mad man?  I eagerly await your responses.  :)