GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 19:28:17 EDT
"my barinding haruna," Suntou.

My mbaringkundanko, how are you. Ok you gotta keep up with me here.

"i was half-brought up in a darboe kunda," Suntou.

How does anyone get half-brought-up Suntou? I don't understand what you
mean. In anticipation of your clarification, I would share that it may not be
terribly significant where one is brought up. What matters is what value you
yield from the up-bringing regardless of where it is you were brought up. I hope
you had a pleasant experience in the up-bringing. Further, if you are
conversant  with PDOIS, they generally frown upon reference to pedigree or experience
other  than the PDOIS experience. FYI, I was wholly brought up in a
Darbo-Kunda. For  whatever its worth.

"but you are the most cocky darboe i came across on the web, sorry  nbarindin
ngo." Suntou.

I am a Darbo.
I am terribly sorry you find me cocky. I wish I could understand when  you
found me cocky and why. If you're interested in me being uncocky,  please share
with me what you find cocky about me. I do have an aversion to  personality
cults and hero worship for Islam. Forgive me.

"but you are articulate and elegant at the same time." Suntou.

You mean articulately elegant then don't you? You seem to be an  authority on
human character. Have we met before? How do you find me  articulately elegant
when you do not understand what I articulate. I will be  happier if you
understand what I say than your analysis of me being articulate  and elegant. I am
terribly handsome though but that is only valuable to me. This  may be one of
the reasons the PDOIS-educated confuse themselves and Gambians.  Well if you
read through PDOIS' literature and volumes of cassettes, you will  come across
high-fallutin humility and cautions against invoking pedigree,  appreciation,
considerations, or even agreements with other, but folk who are  PDOIS
educated can engage in all kinds of charlatanry and hero worship and blind
consumption of garbage without due-processes. It is as if PDOIS carted  themselves off
the side with their binoculars focused on the rest of Gambians  yet they are
for the greater good of the collective Gambian. It is worth an  exercise in
discernments, cocky or not. I mean if you brow-beat your  client-in-waiting and
you are not offering divine salvation in return, it may be  difficult to subdue
the clients-in-waiting. What do you think Suntou??

I will see you on the other side of the learning curve to see if you still
think me friggin cocky.

"i have enormous respect for Joe." Suntou.

I understand. I hope you find Joe inspiring.

"coming to the religious question ,if you would just trust me on this,"
Suntou.

My Ghanaian friend from the Brong-Ahafo region once told me; "Heh Harouna,
when somebodi tell you trust me, find your children, your wallet, your pen, and
 your keys first, they you beta tell dem you are late for home". I suppose I
can  make an exception for my Suntou since you are my mbaringkundanko. Shoot.

"i was passing on what others think" Suntou.

So you were the thought-police. Ehe!

"not necessarily my own version of pdois." Suntou.

So what is your own version of PDOIS. You must admit you probably chose the
wrong audience for passing on others' thoughts. Don't you think you ought to
share that with PDOIS central bureau in order that they may find value in
those  thoughts for their electioneering? Why would you find it valuable to gather
the  thoughts of Gambians from a gathering, and then transfer it to another
gathering  that is not exclusively PDOIS? Seriously, I get confused by you
PDOIS lot. And  you guys are so intelligent. Do you know what Islam says about
that character.  A'outhou billaah minal munaafiqoon!!! This intinet can be very
enticing.

"halifa himself acknowledged that," Suntou.

Halifa. You probably should have shared the thoughts with Halifa then. Next
time just send it through Pasamba to Halifa rather than here at Ellen. This is
 probably why I shared my thoughts here with you on the theoughts of others.
You  must also understand that I do not believe you accurately represented the
 thoughts of your fellow Gambians. I know, you could swear up and down the
yadang, but you were simply not believable when you consider the manner of
delivery and the erstwhile exaggerations. You have to trust me too on this  one.

"some Gambians use to think of them as anti-religion and anti-marriage,"
Suntou.

Some Gambians used to think of them as anti-religion and anti-marriage.
Suntou, I may be able to help you here. You will be shocked to know that some
Gambians still think of them thusly. They did not share with you that PDOIS was
anti-religion and anti-marriage. That was your own embellishment. I hear the
same comments but generally I would be told Halifa and Sidia are not as strong
 on these issues as they would like them to be. And what I do is that instead
of  peddle the anti- lie to coerce unearned sympathy, I share with them that
they  ought to strengthen their regard for religion (not Islam only), and
marriage in  order to convince their clients-in-waiting that when they become
leaders, they  would not curb religious and or family rights. That is actionable
information. I must say I haven't heard another weak on religion comment for
quite some time now. I was shocked when you shared your 'experiences with  us.
Also if you go back and read your own story, you will find out why you are
not believable in that story. Look at how you composed your sentences in
narration and look at the position of anti-marriage and anti-religion and come
back here to share with us your renewed experience. You see I happen to know
that those are not PDOIS' problems. PDOIS has bigger issues than the perception
of anti this or anti that. It is the FOR what that PDOIS is wrestling  with at
this time.

"these are things need clarifying ." Suntou.

Did you read Halifa's amicus brief. Sorry response? I think he was trying  to
tell you that in the larger scheme of PDOIS problems, the anti-religion and
or anti-marriage quip is very low on the totem pole of solutions. Read it
again.  You see Suntou, one reason some folk cannot stand Haruna is because I
don't  lecture folk on how they ought to live or think. I share my way of life and
 elegance as you put it and the values I derive from those. Should my fellow
citizen find equal or more value in them, fehr dinkum. I cannot be a
hypocrite.  That is anathema to being Darbo as you may have found out. If you are
going to  be PDOIS, it is better to be PDOIS after you understand PDOIS. Or you
can keep  your thoughts about PDOIS to yourself.

Your Barindingkunda, Haruna MQDT Darbo. Don't make me friggin drop the T so
quick.