GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saiks samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 03:13:06 PDT
HI
Dont just stop at that,make sure that you have as many people as possible to
get to the place and tell the president that we are concern with the situation
at home.We should not allow him to hear only the voices of the chosen
ones.There are no  NIA or july 22 movement down there,sure you will be save.

For Freedom
Saiks
Folks,
Sources have informed me of a special reception to be held in honor of the
Prez during his visit to DC.  A 'top secret' list of Gambians in the area
who are deemed 'safe' or 'soft' on Jammeh have been invited to attend.
Perhaps those who have not been invited but want to meet the President of
ALL Gambians might consider 'crashing' this event. (smile!)
Also you may want to attend the meeting at the Rainbow Coalition with Jesse
Jackson, or perhaps catch up with him at Randall Robinson's TransAfrica or
at the State Dept., or perhaps a tete-a-tete at his residence at ...
Afterall, a President who cannot meet with his own people speaks volumes of
his presidency.
What would have been wrong with having a forum that is well moderated in
which all Gambians (as opposed to a chosen few) are given the opportunity to
hear what the President has to say and pose some questions to him also.
The jittery behavior of those coordinating his visit as demonstrated by the
silence of the Embassy for example, and the screening of members of the
community, demonstrate the distrust folks in this government seem to have
with the application of democracy. They should not be surprised though if
those considered 'safe' or 'soft' turn out to be the ones with the thorny
questions for H.E.
Oh well, I for one wish them all well. I already had plans to attend my
cousin's wedding in Atlanta. So sunshine city, here I come!
Long Live Democracy! Long Live Openess!
Latjor