GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
pa ali ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 23:34:09 +0000
The mising link in all our efforts as an african people generally and as
gambians in particulaly to secure permanent victories against major human
and natural problems is our weakness to recollect historic memory on a masss
scale in an instituional methodical way,draw the right conclusions and
implimentable plans for corrections.

unless we correct this missing link we will continue to repeat major defeats
from external and internal enemies untill our timecomes to desappear as a
living gambian people in particular or as africans in general

hope the quatation from a WORLD RENOWN AFRICAN CENTERED HISTORIAN will help
us have a deeper understanding of the importance of historic memory
and lessons.

"history isa clock people use to tell their historical culture and political
time of the day. It's a compass that people use to find themselves on the
map of human geography. The history tells them where they have been, where
they are and what they are. But most importantly history tells a people
where they still must go and what they still must be."
--Dr. John Henrik Clarke