GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:02:04 +0200
I have been asked by Kabir Njie to post this for him.

Brother Mo!
Can you please forward to the L?
Regards,
Kabir,
Kebba Dampha wrote:
"...See, BEFORE some of you left to The Gambia, many people knew about
your planned trip. Some knew through none other than Essa Sey..."
"...You were NOT arrested. Neither was Dr. Saine. Nor was Kabir or
Sanusi..."
KB!
I just want the seize the opportunity here to make clear that I was never in
touch with the APRC or any of its agents for a safe passage on arrival in
Banjul. In fact I was warned by family and friends not to make the journey,
warnings I never heeded.
Yes, for me it was time to go to Banjul and I was going no matter what. I had
been away much longer than Katim, nineteen years it would have been last
month and I had made up my mind after the Presidential elections that I was
going. In fact when I arrived in London many who knew me personally thought
I was crazy to be going to Banjul. My response to them was that even if I got
information before boarding my flight that the NIA were waiting for me at the
airport I would go any way!
If by any chance Essa Sey learnt that I was en route to Banjul it was not
through me. I did however make it known here that I was going to Banjul and
many of my enemies in Oslo jubilated behind my back in the belief that I was
doomed. Later I learnt that some had even called Banjul to inquire about my
fate only to learn that I was driving around with a stunningly beautiful bride by
my side.
When I visited Dakar I learnt that Essa Sey left for Taiwan just a day prior to
my arrival there. There, I even learnt that Mr. Sey is in fact related to my wife
but I was never in contact with the man.
My "feeling like a fish out of water" was mainly due to the fact that all around
me people seemed resigned to their fate.
Regards,
Kabir.