GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mori K. Jammeh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:15:34 -0600
I entirely agree with all those of you who expressed concern about the
latest events in the Gambia.But I think Yahya Jammeh will truly do a favor
to the Gambia and it's people to organize and immediate timetable for a
smooth transfer of power to a democratic elected  government.I say this
because every one of us on this list knew how the present government came to
power.Let us all be truthful to ourselves before we all regret about what is
in the menu for our Country.

Yes the government has every power to foil potential coups but the cycle of
violence must stop now.Enough people had already been killed.If we all don't
agree and tell the truth to the gov't. to avert disaster for our country we
will come to our senses one day when it is very late. Most of us in this
forum think that we are in the comfort zone so we should not care about what
is happening there. Let us all remember that there is no place like home.
Certainly all of us want to see our families one day. Does any of us know
who the victim(s) will be?

Mori Kebba Jammeh