GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 17:47:25 EDT
Sal, I contacted you with my specifics via private email.  But on the issue of salaries, the major league players get paid less than their Euro counterparts. The salaries range from 50,000 to 300,000 dollars.  The MLS has wisely imposed a salary cap on each team to control revenue and to also make sure that there is parity in the league.  I think each team can only dish out a certain amount in salaries, about 2 million dollars.

This said, I hope that with time the salaries will rise since the standard of soccer out here depends on the quality of players in the league, and they surely don't come cheap.