GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 21:28:39 +0100
Yus,

I`m not the type who goes for this ping-pong thing. I guess you`ve realized that I like football better. It seems to me you want to tie strings on people and direct their steps and tell them when to speak and when not to, and I believe also to say what you would like to hear. So I`m the last to speak just because I live in Scandinavia. Yus, remember the issue here is not Scandinavia. My experience was in DC, and I was making reference to Saul`s definition based on this experience. And regarding Scandinavia and Norway for that matter I`ll suggest you acquaint yourself more with issues here concerning your claim and then bro you`ll see the light.

Who said you`ve stated that the person Saul describes did not exist? Where are you picking that up? My piece was based on my personal experience and I know this better. I thank God that I`m alive today, because the character I had the encounter with wanted me dead. I still find Saul`s definition befitting, and if you should have a problem with that I`m sorry I cant sing no lullaby for you, and you`ll have to deal with it. If you feel that Saul is stereotyping then put that to Saul. He is always in a better position to speak for himself. The fact that you believe in him stereotyping doesn`t mean that I should do the same. I hope you dont think that I should bark just because you say "Omar bark".

I`ll want to refer you to Cherno Baba`s lines, "Among other things, my duty is to stir a debate and put in place a conduit for an array of views and opinions from others to filter through. In this way, we all can learn from one another. It often pleases me for any reader to constructively criticize me ,point out my inaccuracies, and provide better viewpoints. No one is perfect or can claim a monopoly on ideas". Great and humble piece, and I wish you go back to these lines. I yearn for the day when we will accept that others can think and believe differently.

Yes Yus, I`ve already "taken a hard long look at the information", and I still hold my stance as to what I believe in and what I stand for. You dont wanna change that , do you? I wonder who you`re trying to impress, but PLEASE stop this winding.

No hard feelings bro. We just share different views on this one. I`ll want to rest my case now.

GOD NATT, OG SOV GODT( MEANING, GOOD NIGHT AND SLEEP WELL).

Regards,
Omar.