GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:28:38 -0500
Sister Jabou:

This report is disturbing.  I hope come Saturday
the devil will wake up Sunday morning feeling
humiliated by the strong vote of confidence for
the UDP in Central and Kiang East Constituencies.
I just cannot fathom any Gambian supporting a
dictatorship that continues to deny them the
right to political decency.

I appreciate your silence on the latest
controversial debate, but I must admit it has
been quite lonely without your sisterly advise.

Going back to political talk, our strategy in
holding a Unity Conference will provide Gambians
in the US to show their support for the opposition.
At this critical time in our struggle, we cannot
afford to be discontented because of our selfish
gains.  Whether one supports UDP, NRP or PDOIS,
our initiative is to provide a political ground
in which the opposition can speak in one
understanding language.

Can you believe that the moron donated a vehicle
and D300,000 to the National Youth organization.
Where did he get $30,000 from?  Is this man just
withdrawing money from our treasury without any
chain of command?  What is the responsibility
of the Governor of Central Bank?  Why can't the
legislation indict moron Jammeh on bribery,
corruption and misuse of government funds?  I just
cannot believe that a man who overthrew a legal
government with less that $2 in his pocket can
afford to live such a life-style.  I thought
they said Sir Dawda was corrupt?

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh