GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sigga jagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 02:33:01 -0800
This is quite interesting.  Our current government
fits a number of definitions on the list, namely the
following:

AUTOCRACY:-Government by one person having unlimited
powers.
DIABOLOCRACY:-Government by devils (real or imagined)
FOOLOCRACY:-Government by fools.
KAKISTOCRACY:-Governmentby the worst people in the
society.
NEOCRACY:-Government by the inexperienced.
OCHLOCRACY:-Government by the mobsters.
PORNOCRACY:-Government by harlots.
STRATOCRACY:-Government by the military.

--- Tom Coker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Here is a piece I find in my old college notes.
> (Author unknown)
> This may be of interest to all you great worriors.
>
> We should be thankful we live in a democracy, a
> system of government that,
> Abraham Lincoln in his Gettysburg address, said is
> "of the people, by the
> people,for the people."
>
> Democracy means literally, peoples power. Demography
> is the statistical
> study of people, for instance - and cracy is a stem
> that come from the Greek
> word meaning power or might. Not all forms of
> Government vest the power in
> the people, of course. So here is a list of other
> cracies.
>
> ARISTOCRACY:-Government by a small priviledge class
> or other.
> ARITHMOCRACY:-Government by the numerical majority.
> AUTOCRACY:-Government by one person having unlimited
> powers.
> CHRYSOCRACY:-Government by gold, literally or
> actually, Government by the
> rich.
> DIABOLOCRACY:-Government by devils (real or
> imagined)
> ERGATOCRACY:-Government by the workers.
> FOOLOCRACY:-Government by fools.
> GERONTOCRACY:-Government by old men.
> GYNECOCRACY:-Government by women.
> HEIROCRACY:-Government by ecclesiatics.
> HAGIOCRACY:-Government by holy men.
> KAKISTOCRACY:-Governmentby the worst people in the
> society.
> MESOCRACY:-Government by the middle class.
> NEOCRACY:-Government by the inexperienced.
> OCHLOCRACY:-Government by the mobsters.
> PANTISOCRACY:-Government in which all people rule
> equally, a utopian
> community.
> PLANTOCRACY:-Government by planters, plantation
> ownersas the ruling class.
> PLUTOCRACY:-Government by the rich.
> PORNOCRACY:-Government by harlots.
> STRATOCRACY:-Government by the military.

> if you have problems accessing the web interface and
> remember to write your full name and e-mail address.

=====
"NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION"

                       ALSO

"NOTHING IS UNACHIEVABLE, THE ONLY QUESTION IS, WHETHER ONE IS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO ACHIEVE WHAT IS DESIRED"