GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:46:34 EST
In a message dated 12/4/01 8:27:14 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> When institutions like the Attorney General's office and the NIA defies the
> rulings of the courts, then one must conclude that, Yahya 'imbecile' Jammeh
> and his entourage are hell-bent on throwing our country deeper into the
> abyss.
>

> Yet a ventriloquist dommy like PA MODOU GASSAMA wants us to believe that
> all is well and good in the Gambia.  He wants us to believe that the
> government's 'projects' are more important than the rights of Gambians to
> live decently and peacefully.  To him these 'silly' projects are our
> priorities.  For him the onus is on the opposition to make peace with
> Yahya.  He deliberately ignores the brutal and continuous harassment of our
> folk by the APRC regime.  Why? Because he says ' soldiers are trained to
> kill' so we should not confront them.  What a load of b******t.
>

> I have no doubt the miscreant will come back here and accuse

Mboge,

thanks for this statement. i had promised to respond to /gassa's email but
have been extremely busy due to business related matters and Ramadan.
however, i will get to it with a brief reply becuause it is apparent that we
are not dealing with intelligent people here who are motivated by a sense of
wanting to  improve the lot of our people, but rather people who want power
just for the sake of it, and will maim and kill to maintain it, and for any
Gambian totell us to ignore that because of any so called material progress,
even if this progres was impressive, which it is not, is beyoind belief.
people who blindly support this regime must have a disdain for their
cmpatriots that i will never understand and that i hope never to understand.

Jabou Joh