GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
NENE FAYE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 06:27:23 PST
HEY BROTHERS,

We can only hope for the best. No one is saying that Sir was a Saint for the
Gambia or Mr Jammeh is the most horrible leader. What we are saying is that
Gambia needs people who care about the nation. If Jammeh happens to be the
best person of the moment for some people or Halifa or Dabbor we give them a
chance to prove themselves. If too much pressure is put on whoever is
leading the country, it's still going to be a desaster one way or the other.
In any country, if the leader is ready to do good and his entourage is not,
it always takes whatever the agenda is for that particular nation to square
one.

It'll all go back to what Jawara's regime had suffered. If Yaya wants to
work and his people are deceiving him too it is still going to be the same
thing. So let us not get into who we love or who we hate.It is our nation we
are talking about here, hello.....

Of course, if Uncle Halifa is contesting people will be 100% behind him and
I am sure that Mr Jammeh would respect that TOO.  Mr Sallah would be the
first choice of everyone in the Gambia followed by Darboe and  both of them
can be good for the country if they don't have people like the ones Jammeh
has now or Sir had before.I know he never accepts that but (c'est la
verite). Because we cannot be blaming leaders whitout the people they work
with , correct me if I am wrong.

Personally, what I am saying is not favourable to either Jawara or Jammeh. I
am trying to say that leaders always have the intention of ruling a nation
without any trouble but the people behind always seem to be in particular
missions, in missions of destruction if you understand what i mean.It
happens all the time. " He is my boss or my leader but I hate him so much, i
am going to do all my best to eliminate him". We all know where it leads us
to, don't we?

Brothers work together and don't have favorites, choose a right direction.

THANK YOU ALL.

AGONY AUNT!