GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:59:11 -0400
Gassama, can’t you see that you are being played like a yo-yo? I knew if I
added to George’s comment that you were ‘running away’ from me, you will
decide to exhibit some bravado and respond to my mail directly. You are so
predictable, it is not even funny. I was going to ignore your gibberish till
tomorrow, but decided to respond upon seeing Musa Jeng’s inquiry. I don’t
want this to be between you and Mr. Nyang.

Don’t delude yourself into thinking that people in the Diaspora depend on
you for TRUTHFUL news about the country. You are the laughing stock of
‘Diasporans’ I know. When those people want news about the country, they
call their folks that are NOT in denial. You must be out of your mind to
think that people take your garbage that seriously. I will grant you that
there are some lazy folks in the Diaspora that never ask their folks
pertinent question or digest information properly. I will also grant you
that there are a few in the Diaspora that would even go to Gambia and join
folks like you and wallow in DENIAL and see things that are NOT there and
ignore blatant facts. BUT let me inform you that that is a VERY minute
proportion of ‘Diasporans’. Those ‘Diasporans’ you can bamboozle by your
LIES. The majority of the ‘Diasporans’ read your garbage, have a laugh, and
move on to their demanding jobs in order to feed their families back home
and in the Diaspora. In your sick mind you might think that you are
rendering a service to ‘Diasporans’; let me tell you that it is ONLY the
lazy folks and so forth I listed above that swallow your garbage. The rest
call up to find out whether indeed there is a Westfield/MandinaBa Road. They
do NOT swallow such wishful thinking simply because Gassama says so. So,
make no mistake, at best, your garbage only serves as some comical rattling
from a professed sycophant.

To address your second point: that you ‘run away’ from me is obvious to
everyone including your very self. But that is NOT important. I am glad that
you continue to entertain us and continue to give me an opportunity to
‘whup’ you and not be seen as a bully following you BEHIND other people’s
postings. Your next paragraph is pure gibberish and I do NOT even want to
waste my time to respond to it. If Famara Jatta (the Finance Minister)
stands up and say that Gambians are getting POORER; we read in newspapers
that children do NOT have desks and chairs in their classrooms; we also read
in the newspapers that children are dying from minor injuries because
hospitals are NOT equipped with medicine and ambulances – the list goes on.
Now, if people SEE these self-evident TRUTHS about the country, you think
those people NOT in denial will take seriously ludicrous comments from you
Gassama that: “the country is making giant strides in its quest to develop”.
Those ‘strides’ exist in your hallucinations after a long day at work (spent
in front of your computer reading G_L) and after you spent some time with
your ‘friends’ at your ‘favorite hide-out’.

Your difficulty is that you are an empty barrel. You are CLUELESS about
almost everything you write here. I am sure you have always been this way.
Now you are unfortunate that you met up with me that is going to debunk
every LIE you tell here that is of significance to me. This brings me to
your nonsense about the Tourism Sector.

I am glad I opened your eyes to the goofiness in your comment about ‘planes
without passengers’. But here we go again with you running away from your
own words after you have been unmasked. Now you are saying that I made you
say that. Just how did I do that? When I said what I said about schools and
hospitals in the country, I was reporting NEWS from LOCAL newspapers. You
want to tell me that the newspapers are reporting lies about the country? If
you want to tell a goofy story, go right ahead, but don’t say that I made
you say something stupid.

Regarding Yusupha’s suggestions, I hear your whimpers about not wanting to
hear about human rights and law and order. I know you do NOT want to hear
that. Remember! You are in DENIAL. That is the problem you, mental midgets
and sycophants, have. You do NOT want to hear or tackle difficult problems.
Here’s some food for thought. Who wants to vacation in a country where there
is no respect for human rights and law and order is thrown out of the
window? You think tourists will want to come to a country where rape cases
are NOT prosecuted properly and when APRC thugs murder people, they go
scot-free? Instead of tackling those problems, you prefer to be in DENIAL
and LIE to the Gambian people and blame taxi-drivers for not taking showers.
You people are just pathetic.

I did NOT read anything into what Mr. Nyang said. My comment was about what
YOU (Gassama) did about what Mr. Nyang said. You showed how uncouth you were
when faced with a simple rectification from a man that was more
knowledgeable than you were. That is the crux of my comment. Needless to
say, you went totally off and tried to put words in my mouth just to try and
score points for your illegal government. BUT your problem again is that
there is NOTHING ‘positive’ for you to report without EXAGGERATING. You tell
a blatant LIE when you said that: “the tourism sector is doing far better
than before”. Are you well? Here we go again with your hallucinations.

Famara Jatta (the Finance Minister), unlike an ‘engineer’ that does NOT know
the difference between digital and analog, is the authority in this field;
unless of course you want to tell us that APRC has given you the mandate to
overrule Jatta. You are just shameless. In his 2002 Budget Speech, here’s
what Jatta said about the Tourist Sector: “One of our key industries,
tourism, has in the past two years undergone some difficulties in two of our
source markets (Germany and Holland). The effect of these was an 18% drop in
tourist arrivals for the Year 2000.” Mind you, this is in addition to the
50% reported in the aftermath of illegal 1994 coup. And Gassama (spokesman
without portfolio) hallucinates and tells us that this sector is doing
better than it has done before? This man should be institutionalized.

But Jatta (Finance Minister) did not stop there in cataloging the sorry
state of this sector. Jatta also said that: “Provisional estimates show that
for the year just ended [2001, we received a total of 75,650 air charter
tourists representing a DROP of only 4% from year 2000.” Emphasis mine. What
we have here are the dismal figures of 2000 being surpassed in their
ugliness by the worsening figures of 2001. The morons are going BACKWARDS.
But, you have Gassama telling us the exact OPPOSITE of what Famara Jatta is
telling us; NOT what Dampha is telling us. No! Remember, it is APRC
‘authority’ in these matters that is talking.

What Gassama is peddling here are ‘new’ ideas to be implemented to augment
the industry is PURE rubbish. These things like the training of the ‘Batk’
women and the ‘bumsters’ have ALREADY been done and there is NO improvement
in the sector. The key to the improvement is the difficult ideas people like
Yusupha Jow talked about. Forming toothless organizations and conducting
study after study is neither here nor there. The hard problems need to be
tackled.
KB