GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 02:09:59 +0000
Ron,
It is a joy to read you!

Qutoting Haruna Darbo:

"The reason I call suicide bombers "soldiers of conscience" is that whatever
their inclination, they are willing to give their lives for their bretheren.
It does not matter whether I abhor suicide bombing in military tactics, I
honour their resolve and execution. It did not have to be Palestinian
suicide bombers. It might as well be Israeli suicide bombers or Gambian
suicide bombers. You get my drift. It is the resolve and humility I honour.

Now as to whether I applaud the september attacks. You may have known by now
that I do not applaud it neither do I think it honourable. First, It is
outside the theatre of war and therefore it is not justified. Secondly, for
those who say it was done because of America's support of Israel, I imagine
if a similar attack were carried out in Alaskandaria, The Emirates, or Kuala
Lumpur, that would satisfy their abhorence of partners in crime. I know that
attacks on cities that are decidedly Pro-Palestinian would be as distasteful
as those on Nuevo York. So let it be known that even as a tactician, I view
attacks on America as unwarranted and unjustified.

I want to end here but let me enlighten myself that Islam, Judaism, or
Christianity never adjusted for inter-racial marriages and property as
capital commodity. It humours me that the religions of the time had
virtually demarcated the houses of clans as the permanent dwellings of the
people of Israel and those of Palestine. Recent negotiations however, have
taken into account the current order of the world in their quest for
peaceful co-existence. The West Bank is totally isolated from Gaza, thus
giving Israel assured security (control of movement and communication
between the two areas and Palestine, a critical dependence on their Jewish
cousins. The reason that Oslo arrangement is only reluctantly accepted is
because neither religion accomodates this symbiosis. The fact that a
Palestinian herdsman will traverse Jewish land in the trek between Gaza and
The West Bank is in itself a sacrilege according to the ulamaa of Islam. We
have not even touched on water-rights and documentation for travel. To think
that Cain and Abel are the protagonist pre-cursors to this nightmare is
ridiculous. I submit theirfore that the two disjointed territories will not
Palestine make. There must be, if only a sliver of land, connecting the two
territories. Mind you Syria and Lubnaan, are waiting quietly to be forever
appeased in the Golaan and farmlands respectively.

You got more out of me than I thought Yus. The family sends its regards.
Take care bud.

Les plus importants transformations sont les modifications "accidentelles".
Amoebic movement is effectuated by the sum-total of cellular
reconfigurations.
Yours truly - Haruna.