GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ngorr Ciise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:13:09 +0000

Gassa: <<Gosh! Me hide behind a posting to make a point? Think again Dampha.
YOU KNOW MORE THAN ANYONE THAT I ALWAYS SPEAK MY MIND REGARDLESS OF THE
CONSEQUENCES.>> Emphasis mine.

Pa Modou, you are lying through your teeth! Time and again when you are
quizzed on vexatious issues, which would invariably land you in a spot of
bother with the powers that be, you always ignore such vexatious issues; or
merely mumble a silly excuse to get off the hook. Classic case in point:
when you announced on G-L that Yaya has formed a new "cabinet"; and we were
informed that your former boss, Bakary Njie, is now part of Yaya's new
"cabinet" - Sanusi Owens posed a very interesting question vis-a-vis Njie's
inclusion in the new "cabinet". For the purposes of clarification, let us
revisit the said correspondences to make the point:

Sanusi Owens: << Secondly, I understand Bakary Njie has been appointed SOS,
once again, this is unconstitutional since the Constitution clearly states
that anyone found guilty of corruption by a Commission of Inquiry is
disqualified from being appointed as Secretary of State, Member of the
National Assembly. As you are aware Bakary Njie was found guilty of
corruption by the Commission of Inquiry set up to investigate activites of
GAMTEL. Moreover, he was ordered to pay D9 million. I am yet to hear any
information that the decision of the Commission of Inquiry has been
challenged in any court to warrant his appointment as a Senior Public
Figure.

It is my view that once again President Jammeh has not
complied with the Constitution, due to the poor legal
advice he constantly gets from the Attorney General
and Secretary of Justice  Mr Joseph Henry Joof. Can you therefore shed us
some light on the points mentioned above. >>

In responding to the aforesaid queries by Sanusi Owens, you wrote:

Gassa: << As for your second point of contention vis-avis the appointment of
Mr. B.K. Njie, I am really not able to express any opinion about that. >>

Pardon me? You are not able to express opinions on the illegal apointment of
Bakary Njie to Yaya's new "cabinet"? But you "ALWAYS SPEAK" your "MIND
REGARDLESS OF THE CONSEQUENCES"? As the great American poet, Walt Whitman,
would put it, "Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself." Alas, with you, it is no longer
self-contradictions: with you, the face grows to fit the mask of a morally
corrupt, self-regarding and hypocritical lier who would lie his head off
just to ingratiate himself with the powers that be.

For what it may be worth, your hypocritical posturings have their
usefulnesses: as someone once put it to me, you personify on G-L the
apotheosis of the moral decay that has and continues to grip the soul of
Gambian public life pace July 22nd 1994.