GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 23:36:03 +0000
Mr. Jallow and Ginny,
I would rather second Soffie Ceesay. That is build on what we already have
than starting all over. Gambia-L will defeat its purpose if we are to see it
just as 'private property'. We want to see this List as a microcosm of the
Gambia we are building, where all views are free to flow. That does not,
however, mean the freedom to insult other people or their families.
I believe people who use derogatory language should be warned before
de-listing them, except in extreme cases. Manneh explained what he meant. If
List management still felt that falls under censored language, well give the
guy some warning!

Mr. Jaiteh, reading archive files, worst have been said here, without
generating a reaction from you guys. Gambia-L has improved of late, in terms
of how much abusive language we consume. That is very positive, but on
Manneh and Mboge i believe a warning would have been enough.

Karamba, i join others in appealing for your stay! You are a source of
inspiration to me and others. You, more than any one else on this list made
me realize that indeed Yaya Jammeh, and nobody else gave the orders to
murder our children. I was in denial. You talked to my conscience without
abusing me, and i listened. You take initiatives, you are practical, you are
innovative! Please, stay!

Yes, nobody is indispensable, but Mr. Ebou Jallow if Gambia-L is a building
these people(Karamba, Yus, Manneh, George and Mboge) are among the pillars!
This is a fact! Don't allow your problem with one of them(Yus)blind your
sense of right and wrong this time.

I do not agree on List Management being anti-opposition,and Pro-Jammeh. Even
if that is the case, views reflected on this forum are predominantly
Anti-Jammeh!!! A fact!!!

I agree with brothers Joe and Buharry. Let us allow tempers to calm down and
come up with some compromise!

Mr. Camara i hope you have not been offended when i suggested your stepping
down. It was never said as a sign of disrespect to you or not giving value
to your very long services, but absolutely said in good faith, no hard
feelings at all! A simple suggestion, that may give room to Mr. Sidibeh,
without generating all the negative energy that has come to flow since then!

Hope by tomorrow we will wake up to some sanity! This is indeed a nightmare!
Sanyang.