GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peace justice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 23:05:51 -0500
New York-Sunday, March 12, 2006 the chapter of the UDP New York Branch held
a meeting at the Gambian Society Hall for five hours. During this meeting
Gambians elders, civil representatives and the Party officials got together
to assess the party campaigns during the past weeks after it formed an
Alliance with the NRP.

Mr Omar Kebba Mass who chaired the meeting told the gathering the difference
between winning and losing depend on the extra efforts that people make- the
saccifices, the teamwork, and the solid fundamentals being followed. The
United Democratic Party has all this going for it and more thanks to our
huge, powerful grass roots volunteer efforts.

Mr Mass went on to say, our job is to spend time talking to voters back home
whether they are young or old  to be ready to vote for the UDP/NPR coalition
and to raise funds for the coalition.

Mr. Omar Trawally  said that now the time has come for him and any commited
Gambian  to do a serious work for the UDP/NRP coalition. Mr trawally went on
after seeing the UDP/NRP rallies on DVDs, he is convenced that this
coalition is prepared to  do the work for the Gambians.

Mr Wassa Janneh said, the UDP chapter was formed in New York since 1996 when
none of the party candidates was here but when we came took over the work
but today we are here giving it back to you people to run it. We are taking
a the back seats because we feel you people are more effective than we the
former UDP candidates ourselves.

Among the speakers were Alhagie sanjani Touray, Alhagie Mohamed Tunkara,
Jarga Touray, Alasana Tambajang,  Sarjo Bah,  Alhagie Yaya Camara, Demba
Sanyang, Sulayman Dibba , Pa Saikou Kujabi Alagi Jaiteh and myself.

Saihou