GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alasana OB Silla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:34:31 EDT
Hi Gambia-L,

It is more than welcome to have the Observer back on the net.  Surely, this
would as always; create a wealth of choice for news readers and also breed a
balance reporting atmosphere.

Secondly,  I cannot be seen to be vouching for the people who voiced their
concerns/views about the seemingly disequilibria in the Editorial contents of
the paper, if any.   From my point of view, this is because the new
Proprietor (Mr. Amadou Samba) is seen to be very close to the Government of
the day,  which is not necessarily to say that, the mere fact that is the
case, would sway the Board to act biasly in anyway.  After all, those
concerns were and are still individual views which I guess should be
respected, if not accepted and in the same vein are open to challenges and
criticisms much as the Editorial Board was/is.

Long live The Gambia and the quest for Press freedom.

Au voire,
OB