GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 21:33:34 EDT
I have been following the debate, and a lot of good points were brought up,
as well as many strategies suggested. However, like Conteh, I also believe
that engaging the IEC and setting conditions for participation in the
elections will probably not bring any results that ae different from that of
the past, and violate they will given the record, the agenda of the APRC and
the willingness of the people who should be serving the interest of the
Gambian public to bow down to the wishes of the APRC. If anything different
happens, it will be no doubt a welcome change, but given what I have already
mentioned, I am not hopeful. It would also be interesting to see if anything
is accomplished in the registration of those of us overseas. Again, a welcome
change if it happens, but given the modus operandi of this government and
it's agents, there is nothing to write home about yet folks.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 5/3/2001 8:22:19 PM Central Daylight Time,