GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:56:45 EST
In a message dated 1/25/03 8:07:58 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> The truth is that these people
> are nothing more than a bunch of rabid anti-Americans. It seems like they
> would support any dictator, no matter how terrible he is, if only he is
> against America. If their true intention is to protect suffering people
> around the world, why haven't they headed to other countries in Africa and
> other parts of the world where people are enduring situations far worse
> than
> the Iraqis?

Ousman,

This group is made up of Americans and British and other nationals who choose
to join them. I guess they are going because they are trying to make a
statement to THEIR government that they do not want to have any  part in the
killing of innocent Iraqis. It is their form of protest against their own
government. When the bombs fall, they will fall on the Iraqis who have not
done anything, they will not fall on Saddam. He will probably be in a very
safe place as is often the case with those who give the order for war. They
merely send other people to die.
The Bush administration says it is Saddam Hussein they are after, and some
have even advocated that if he were to step down, this would avoid war.
I wish that they would go get him then so that all the innocent people who
have no hand in this will not have to go up in smoke with those bombs. Odd
how innocent people, including children will be the ones to be punished when
the culprit is supposed to be Saddam Hussein.That is the point that these
people and those who oppose the war are trying to convey.
I think it is a noble thing they are doing because any action to stop war is
a good one since war is not a good thing and one would appreciate that notion
if the bombs were coming to fall on them and their's. Infact, then this
gesture would hold a completely new meaning.
I guess  the question you ask about these people not coming ot the rescue of
other peoples in other countries  can also be asked of governments who do not
come to the rescue of some countries where tyrant reign, but they will come
to the rescue of Iraq supposedly for the same reason.

Jabou Joh