GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
momodou olly-mboge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:17:23 -0500
Hi FATOU,

  These questions are very interesting and of vital importance. I hope the
party will answer them with precision and unambuiguity.

   As someone who still holds some sympathy for PDOIS, i must say on the
issue pertaining to the London Meeting of 28/02/01, i am still very much
concerned by the party's reaction to the meeting. I am saying this  hoping
that i will not be percieved as attacking anyone.  I am humbly stating what
i believe is my understanding of what i read on the FOROYAA concerning the
said meeting.  I STAND TO BE CORRECTED.  I was at the meeting and never felt
at any time that this was just a briefing to a British MP, expecting him to
salvage the political quagmire obtaining in the Gambia at present. Most of
the Gambian Diaspora present at that meeting were not refugees.  Most of us
legitimately have lived in the U.K prior to Jammeh's usurpation of power in
1994.  Many of the people i met at the meeting were simply concerned with
the state of affairs in the Gambia. What i observed among Gambians is an
ardent desire for peace and normality to visit Gambia once again. Jammeh
does not in any way listen to anyone in the Gambia. He is an imbecile and a
moron who is consumed by his own self-importance.  I am not a supporter of
Jawara but i respect him more than i ever will be with Jammeh. What Jammeh
needs is a concerted effort from all concern Gambians to direct their
fusilade and missiles towards him.  I think this includes all Gambians
whether it is Jawara or anyone else.

   I must state categorically that i am a member of the MRDG-UK and believe
that the aims and objectives of the movement are very much akin to what made
me attracted to PDOIS.  I support the movement 100%.
Since my place of residence is not in the Gambia, the little i can do is
support the efforts of my country folk in the most practical manner i deem
necessary.  If ever i am financially capable of helping any political
movement, i will do it transparently and will not expect any favours in
return.

   I must also say that the chair of the movement is a very conscentious
person who is relentlessly fighting for justice and peace to return to
Gambia.  I have known him for some years now and all i held for him is
respect.

  I am very much concern also about the continuous references made by
bilious characters like Joseph Joof to PDOIS as the ideal opposition.  This
in my humble opinion is not going down well with many sympathizers of the
party.  I think the party should come completely clear and demonstrate to
this perverse lot (Jammeh and his cohorts) that PDOIS abhours the state of
affairs in the Gambia.  I know you are doing it but the message should be
more vehement.

Jammeh's hands are dripping with the blood of the school children massacred
last April and all that we demand is for him to take responsibility.  I hold
Jammeh totally responsible.  During the first student demonstrations which
saw the principal of Muslim High School(one Mr Njie) lost his job, the
KILLER OF KANILAI promised Gambian parents that the next time such kind of
demonstrations happens dead bodies will greet them.  He fulfilled such a
promise last April.  It is then very clear that Yahya is responsible and
will one day face us and account for such a heinous crime.

I wish all the democratic forces fighting for peace and decency all the
best.

Please L-ers, PDOIS and MRDG-UK, these are my humble observations and i am
sharing it with you in respect and good faith.

God Bless the Gambia and Gambians.

Regards,

Mboge