GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:25:14 -0800
Bamba Laye,
                  2day is one of those days when I sit and read other people's mails and learn a lot from them!!!!!!I do not write anything at that time.This piece of yours is very educative and worths saving somewhere.
Thank you very much!
Essa.

BambaLaye <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
[ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by "BambaLaye" ]

All men are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality.
Martin Luther King Jr.

I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is
unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to
arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality
expressing the highest respect for the law.
Martin Luther King Jr.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence
of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr.

It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him
from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its
vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It
causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and
to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Segregation is the adultery of an illicit intercourse between injustice and
immorality.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man
forgets himself into immortality.
Martin Luther King Jr.

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
Martin Luther King Jr.

When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you
cannot be too conservative.
Martin Luther King Jr.

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists
who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood.
Martin Luther King Jr., "Strength to Love"

All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face
to face with another problem.
Martin Luther King Jr., 'Strength to Love,' 1963

The good neighbor looks beyond the external accidents and discerns those
inner qualities that make all men human and, therefore, brothers.
Martin Luther King Jr., 'Strength to Love,' 1963

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final
word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than
evil triumphant.
Martin Luther King Jr., Accepting Nobel Peace Price, Dec. 10, 1964

Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of
our time; the need for mankind to overcome oppression and violence without
resorting to oppression and violence. Mankind must evolve for all human
conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The
foundation of such a method is love.
Martin Luther King Jr., December 11, 1964

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of
today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in
the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up
and live out the true meaning of its creed: - 'We hold these truths to be
self-evident, that all men are created equal.'
Martin Luther King Jr., Speech at Civil Rights March on Washington, August
28, 1963

I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something he will die for,
he isn't fit to live.
Martin Luther King Jr., Speech in Detroit, June 23, 1963

...And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land. I may not get
there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get
to the promised land. So I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything.
I'm not fearing any man.
Martin Luther King Jr., Speech in Memphis, April 3, 1968, the day before
King was assassinated

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men.
Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort
and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

--
BambaLaye

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-M.L King Jr.

------LATEST NEWS FROM THE GAMBIA, NOW AT:>>-------
http://www.gambiapost.net/newspaper
©2002 Our Guiding Principle : "Va, pensiero", "Let thought(s) fly forth"