GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 05:29:15 EST
As I have made clear before, I consider the L -chapter of this sad fiasco which I have been partly responsible for creating behind me and done.

I have tried my best not to use foul language or let this degenerate into a war of words about one another's parents and/or personal business.  But, sadly I have been unable to avoid making this happen. This whole fiasco has become a complete embarassment to me.  Not because of anything I wrote but simply because innocent parties like the good name of my mother have been dragged into the fight in an attempt to embarass yours truly.  But my biggest concern is that this event has also become a huge sideshow, an unnecessary distraction to this list.

I would advise all parties including those who feel sympathetic to my plight to stay out of this one.  Quite frankly I feel that this issue has become personal, an opportunity for me to defend my family honor and good name in whatever way I deem necessary outside the confines of the Gambia-L.  The appropriate steps to deal with this issue once and for all will be taken.