GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sulayman jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 17:21:12 GMT
Ebrima,

Thanks to your source for this information. It is here for any body who
cares for the truth, to see that poverty among Gambians are at an all time
high. This is contrary to what Jammeh has been claiming all the time: that
he has enhanced the socioeconomic status of Gambians since coming to power.

Jammeh, admit that you have failed the nation and pack your things and
leave. Your own people, through statistics have proven you wrong or have
they not collected the statistics rightly? Also, those in touch with Gambia
will know that the dalasi is depreciating seriously against the dollar and
the pound.

Social services are also at their worst state. Infact, NAWEC has just
announced a ten week load schedding program. Ten weeks without regular
supply of electricity. Infact electricity has never been regular these past
years. Last year, Jammeh promised that the electricity problem will be
history by April this year. I wonder what happened to that and many similar
promises. So, no one in his right mind should believe his promise of
electrifying 98% of the countyr by next July. Even if the money is
available, it needs logistics, personnel, etc, to achieve such a feat. So,
Jammeh, another countdown has begun.

However, it is not late, admit to the Gambians that you have failed
miserably and ask for forgiveness. Then be prepared to account for
everything that happened in your time from July 94 to date.

Our country needs the prayers and support of each one of us.

Thanks.

Sulayman