GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Madiba Saidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:05:09 -0800
Hi Folks,

Omar, Ebrima and all other football (soccer) fans in the house, please
find below the draw for the first round of African qualifying matches
for the 2002 World Cup.

The first round is knock-out, and the winners of each match listed
below qualify for the second round. The second round will be divided
into five groups of five teams. Unlike the last qualification
series, no team is getting a bye into round two. The five winners of
these groups qualify for the World Cup finals.

My prediction:
--------------

After the dust settles/clears, the following teams will represent the
continent:
1. Nigeria
2. South Africa
3. Morocco
4. Algeria
5. Tunisia or Egypt

By the way, Manchester United plays Valencia of Spain tomorrow at Old
Trafford in the Champions League.... a must win for Man. United, after
losing (0-2) to Fiorentina in Florence, Italy. Sorry Ebrima, your team
(Arsenal) is not good enough for the Champions league :) .... I used to
root for them when Ian Wright was at his prime.

Cheers,
        Madiba.
-----------------------

Group A