GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:41:42 EDT
Mr Sulayman Jamba Jobe,

You need help - seriously! With all the froth coming from all the pieces
you've thrown at me so far, you are in great need of help to sober your
clogged and twisted faculties of reasoning and discernment. I, for one,
enjoyed reading your sentimental rambling, especially the bits that were but
a figment of your feverish imagination. The last time you postured as a
knowledgeable Marxist crying foul over the fact that i call Marx a racist and
sexist creep. When i provided evidence to that effect, you zipped up like the
ignoramus you are. Unlike you, when i'm ignorant about something, i listen
whilst those who know the stuff speak and i learn from them. A far cry from
the way you have weighed in my debate with Saiks. I will herein provide
evidence that Marx was a racist creep. Best thing to do is to refute that
with evidence and not emotional nonsense. Here is what i wrote in my last
correspondence on that issue:

"This is Karl Marx in a letter to Friedrich Engels on his contempt for
Ferdinand Lassalle and all he stood for:

"As the shape of his head and the texture of his skin suggest, he is
descended from the negroes who joined Moses in his exodus from Egypt (unless
his mother or paternal grandmother were crossed with a nigger). This union
of Jew and German with its negro source was bound to produce a strange
hybrid. The fellow's importunity is also negro" [Karl Marx, Letter to
Engels of 30th. July 1862, in Works, Vol. 30, pp. 257-9, East Berlin, 1974.]

To crown it all, he ended by calling Lassalle a "Jewish nigger". Some
non-racist inclusive internationalist, huh? Worst, Marx at some stage was
opposed to the abolition of slavery in America on the grounds that freeing
blacks from slavery would adversely hinder the progress of working class
white Americans from pre- industrial working class status to industrial
proletarian status without which the violent end he had prophesised for
capitalism would not come to be. Marx was not only a racist creep, he
was a sexist as well. I would like to see you refute this. The workers of the
world that Marx had in mind and was calling upon to unite and free themselves
from the shackles of "capitalism" were not blacks, browns, yellows and women;
but exclusively proletarian white males."

As for the talk that free trade liberalism exploits the poor and the rest of
the romantic hogwash you rambled on about, i will engage you anytime you
start talking knowledgeable stuff instead rehearsing the same sentimental
nonsense that has been repudiated a century ago.

All the best comrade,

Hamjatta Kanteh