GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Secka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:20:08 PDT
On behalf of the Samba family and relatives, I thank every one who sent
messages of condolences about the loss of our dear PA Bobou. You all have
said it and no need to repeat what he has done for the people. A special
thank you to all those abroad, from Mr. Momodou Mboob (Secretary, Dairatul
Hasiheen) who said "although you could not be there, your phone calls really
helped in wiping off the tears."

We have lost a great man and we pray, as one of the writers mentioned "for
his blessings be showered on to us."

There are plans for the "Norty Nights" in both Atlanta and Maryland, details
of which will be passed on as they are concretely finalized. We also have a
collection of his tapes in process to be released very soon and will also
give you where to get copies from. Funds will be put to a foundation which
we the "TALUBEHS" (students) plan to start.

Wasalaam
Ebou Secka

PS. A reminder that the Washington DC/Maryland GAMO will be held on saturday
June, 26th. For more information and donations contact Pa Sulayman Mboob on
(301) 537-3559.