GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 14:19:51 EDT
We understand his handlers are trying to arrange some meetings for him with
people outside of official Washington since he is not going to be a guest of
the US government by dint of the fact his regime is considered illegitimate.
Regardless of where he goes or who he attempts to ingratiate himself with we
intend to make sure his perspective hosts know precisely who he is i.e  a
ruthless dictator  with a penchant for touturing, abducting and murdering is
opponents. We understand attempts are being made to sound out percieved
sympathisers in the metro washington area in an attempt to burnish his image.
Indications are there are no takers for for such a blatant attempt of
manipulation . List memebers , this is not a respected leader out to do some
good but rather a vicious man who relishes at hectoring folks he believes are
not subservient enough.

I tentatively understand he is meeting with Randall Robinson of Transafrica
and Rev Jesse Jackson both of whom have spent their lifetimes fighting for
the rights of all people to live a free and progressive life the very things
that President works deligently to thwart. Our task would then have to be to
precisely spell out who their guest is by vividly displaying his record.

Karamba