GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:40:23 -0500
   Its not a suprise to me or anyone to hear news of such retro-develomental
recycling of "knighted" socio-economic "gang bangers" back and forth from
our so-called government of the Gambia. To me it is a sad thing that we
Gambians most notably our poor rural population, have to sit back and get
"Bambuzulled" by the likes of Dr Saho over and over again because, we cannot
seperate politics from tribalism. Simply put I think Gambians, especially
the "Mandingos" are more concerned in what tribe or "Kaabiloo" the candidate
came from rather than his potential for regional developement.If what is
rumoured, is actually flying and Saho is actually "hot" for APRC's( Anti
Prosperity Reenactement Cohort as I call them,)potential pick for the
By-elections, I think its the duty of every educated Gambian to campaigne
and educate our rural "Badibunkas" that it is a humanitarian right to have a
"Funtional" advocate in the House of Palliament who will not just be a "seat
warmer",and a vulture waiting to scavenge at any potentially corruptable
loophole,  but actually work hard to improve the livelyhood of his people he
vowed to represent. Looking back at his track record, I can't even see APRC,
as "DUMB" as they have been over the past years, for lack of a better word,
could even consider him fit to be invited over as one of their party's
"Hentchmen". Maybe because they're soo low in "BRAINS" that they would pick
any psychotic with even the faintest neural activity in the their brain,
since they've gone through almost every "DICK" in town who knows how to
write his or name.
    The political situation in the Gambian is soo F$@%K*! that I can't even
put it in a sensible propective. Sitting here and reading the "L" and some
of the things that people write about, gives the me feeling that there is a
generall lack of appreciation of how SH$%%Y things are back home as result
of the present government.Maybe people do not care or are so used to life
being so hard that it became accepetable standard of living. Come to think
of it now, Dr Saho's cross carpetting to APRC and his potential selection
and/or probable win, is just a minor SH&^%T of the bigger SH**T thats is
going on down there right now, economically, Socially
and politically. I think we Gambians need to redirect our focus on the state
of affaires back home and maybe come up with a more deliberate solution to
the problem before it escalates to catastrophy. This I am positive will
happen with the way things are going, its just a matter of time and
oppotunity. The immidiacy of the situation calls for aggressive measures,
and by this I don't mean killing each other, but I think we can focus the
WORLD'S lenses on us ....