GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 00:55:55 -0000
Pa Samba Jow (Coach):

I agree with you totally. James Gomez's idea (for some Gambians) to meet
with the Ambassador in person is brilliant. And I hope the brothers and
sisters in the US, especially those in the East Coast, would make good use
of it.

Ebrima Ceesay

PS: By the way, do you still follow soccer? If you still do, well, it seems
that there are exciting times ahead for the English Premiership. We are
hoping to see in England (in August 2001) talents like Argentinian player
maker Juan Sebastian Veron and Dutch striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

One of the most informed soccer writers in world, the unimpeachable Harry
Harris of the Daily Mirror newspaper, has broken the story that "Veron is
joining Manchester United next week". I am not a Manchester United fan, but
having a talent like Veron in England would be very good for English
football.  As for Arsenal, it appears that we are going to lose Patrick
Veirra. He is still under contract, but he says he wants to leave Arsenal
for Juventus or Real de Madrid. Really, it would be a blow not just to
Arsenal, but English football as a whole, if Patrick left England for Spain
or Italy.