GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 16:33:44 -0700
Manneh,

I'm playing "catch-up" with the tons of messages in my inbox now, which I
must say, have not been easy for me thanks to the excellent and rather long
pieces from our very articulate brothers of which I cannot muster the guts
not to read.

I could not resist replying to your piece because it is so real and to the
point. I just hope that UDP takes it in the same light. My attention was
captured by the foolowing statement:

"The way you handle Kombokas is different from Badibonkas and the same is
true throughout the country.  We don't have to discuss that on this forum,
but any section in The Gambia has some interesting unique qualities."

I must commend you for being so blunt and factual. Any open minded Gambian
will not fail to see the truth in this statement. As a matter of fact one
can even go on to say that in dealing with Kombongkas themeselves, one must
be able to identify the different ideological factions within, likewise the
Badibunkas nor Wa Banjul for that matter. This concept extends to all the
other peculiar groupings within our society. This is the science of politics
in Gambia. One must know the make up of the ingredients and be able to
systematically apply that knowledge to gain the sympathy of the various
groupings. As you rightly pointed, address the specifc needs of each group.

Thank you PF.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
www.dalasigram.com
Making sending funds home more fun than hassle.
402-639-1105