GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:44:15 +0000
Lekbi, is this reversal because Jammeh knows that the Private media was not
going to back down, or because of Amadou's great influence on Jammeh?
Remember, your abuser can only do to you what you allow them to do to you.
Can Jammeh imprison all that refused to go with his criminal decision? No,
he can't and would not risk it.  He was bluffing, counting or past
experience where his threats worked.  This is why Gambians cannot be silent
on matters relating the bad governance in the country.  Do you think the
authorities will abuse anyone if all refused to go with the scam of getting
new IDs every six months or so?  No, they will not do a thing in the face of
the masses.  Thus, the credit is not to Amadou, but to the people that said
no to tyranny.  Remember, the same paper that is the source of your forward
was the only paper that crossed the pickett line and paid, so go figure.
Would they credit their colleagues that they betrayed for their principled
stance?  No, that's not in their character.  So, credit is due to the
private media for standing up to a tyrant and not to no Amadou.  This is
another example of the misinformation by the Observer Tabloid.

Chi Jaama

Joe