GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:23:22 PST
Ginny Quick,

I have an e-mail account with Hotmail. I have already deleted, on my own,
many of the e-mails, but I am still not getting all the mails from Gambia L.
Sandra uses a Hotmail account, and I can tell you that her mails are
enormous, but she has not experienced the problem I am encountering. It's
really a mystery. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Saik Samateh: Thanks for telling me that the Gambia is playing Morocco. I
didn't know about it. I'll not blame Zainab Jammeh if she supports Morocco
(laugh!).

Actually, Morocco has a good soccer team. In fact, three fine Moroccan
players now play professional soccer in the English league. One of them,
Chippo of Coventry City F.C, was interviewed recently, and he said that he
would be keeping FAST during the entire Ramadan period and playing soccer at
the same time. That remark of Chippo's made the headlines here.

The great Mustapha Hadji also plays for Coventry City F.C, while Kachloul
plays for Southhampton. By the way, I must say here that I have really
missed Gambian soccer. I hope it is improving. Peter Gomez and I covered the
1991 Zone 2 tournament in Senegal, where the Gambian soccer team, under
Coach Alagie Sillah, did very well, by reaching the semi-finals.

But, as usual, we were beaten by a good Senegal side 2-1 in the Semi finals,
played in Ziguinchor, Cassamance. By the way, Saiks, send my regards to the
Ndey, and I hope she'll enjoy the winter in Norway.

Saul Khan: a friend of mine has told me that the figures I quoted are
current and accurate. He said there is a difference between FOOD poverty
line and the overall POVERTY line; and, consequenlty, it is wrong to add the
figures.

When you added the figures, you got over 100 per cent, but my friend is
saying that you shouldn't add the figures, because there is a difference
between food poverty and overall poverty, or, in other words, the statistics
are different. Anyway, I am sure brother Basil Jone would help us here.
Meanwhile, be rest assured that the figures I quoted are current and
official.

Ebrima Ceesay,
Birmingham, UK.