GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:21:04 -0000
Gambia-L:

The unedited e-mail below came from a highly-placed source in The Gambia.

My source: Just keep up the good work you are doing. Some of us do really
appreciate it. Needless to say, mistakes are bound to happen. Anyway, if it
turns out that Baba Jobe has not absconded, then it is imperative that the
story be/is retracted, as you rightly said in your mail below. I, for one,
know that you are IN THE KNOW, as they say here.

Now, let me give you an example: When you sent me an e-mail some time ago,
mentioning that Dr Abassa Bundu, formerly of ECOWAS, was now living in The
Gambia, and that he was in fact interrogated by the NIA, in connection with
his business activities in The Gambia, well I got over ten private e-mails
from Dr Bundu's friends who were denying the story. One in fact went as far
as saying that Dr Bundu was living in the UK, and not The Gambia.

Well, you know what? The truth will always prevails!!! The Gambian
newspapers, a month later, picked up the Dr Bundu story and confirmed that
he was indeed interrogated by the NIA. You have broken the story weeks
before it was reported in the Gambian press. Again, keep SENDING THE MAILS!

Ebrima