GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Saulius Kaukenas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:42:31 GMT
February 25, 2000

No Magic, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of MagicDraw UML 3.51
version.

3.51 version contains bug fixes of 3.5 version and some feature
enhancements:

* Now incorporates both Java and C++ round-trip engineering.
* All versions now have customer specific installations; you can select
installations bundled with JVM (Java Virtual   Machine) - no more
additional installations nor JVM prerequisites.
* MagicDraw now fully supports C++ source code reverse engineering and
code generation. It also preserves all code information that may not be
represented in UML.
* Realize link tree - Now it is possible to group realize links as well
as generalization.
* Custom page header and footer for printing - Now you can override
default MagicDraw page footer and header and add your relevant
information there.
* Rational Rose 2000 files import.
* Themes for Swing GUI (includes MagicDraw theme).
* Back and forward icons for diagram browsing. Two new buttons are added
to the main window - you can navigate through your diagrams back and
forth, much like you do when you browse the web with your Netscape or
IE.

* User manual.
We are keeping our promise and delivering promised user manual. You can
get this 200 page pdf document from
http://www.magicdraw.com/manual.htm (You will need Acrobat Reader to
read this document) - this page will be
available in a few days later.

We are constantly working for you!

To get more information about the tool features, please visit:
http://www.magicdraw.com/features.htm

Full functional Demo
----------------------

You are more than welcome to download a free demo version of MagicDraw
UML. This version is fully functional except the limitation that you
cannot save files with more than 20-25 specific shapes (see download
page for more details).
Please visit our demo page at:

http://www.magicdraw.com/download.htm

Purchase
----------

You can purchase commercial version of MagicDraw UML and download it
instantly.
There are two ways:
1. Through our sales web page
http://www.nomagic.com/magicdrawuml/purchase.htm
2. Through our sales persons:
 e-mail [log in to unmask] or
 phone: 972-527-9377

When ordering, please be sure to include:
1. Credit card information including date of expiration date,
cardholder, and address information.
2. Corporate Information: company, address, phone, fax, and Purchase
Order Number (if, available).
3. Magic Draw UML Edition desired.

Version release plan:
---------------------

We aren't stopping with this version! See what's coming next.

Version 3.6 [planned release - 2nd Quarter, 2000]
* Integration with Forte IDE.
* Vector format image export.
* UML1.3 features support and metamodel refinement.
* XMI support.
* EJB, RMI and other frameworks generation.
* Drag and drop between components.

Future versions will include these features for Visual Basic, they will
support team work with multi-user access.

Upgrade
-------

Upgrades are available for incredibly low price of $69!

If you are commercial user, you will be contacted within a week by No
Magic salesman regarding upgrade. IMPORTANT: if your email or any other
contact information has changed, please notify about your current
contacts, so we can promptly send the upgrade information.

You can ask any questions about sales and pricing by email:

Technical Support
-----------------

If you have any comments or questions please send a message to any
MagicDraw UML
newsgroup:
news://news.nomagic.com/nomagic.products.MagicDrawUML - general
questions.
news://nomagic.products.magicdrawuml.integration - discussions about
integration with other tools.
news://nomagic.products.magicdrawuml.codeengineering/ - general
discussions about code engineering.
news://nomagic.products.magicdrawuml.running/ - Java Virtual Machine and
platform related issues.
news://nomagic.products.magicdrawuml.diagramming - UML coverage and
diagramming issues.
news://nomagic.products.magicdrawuml.other - other issues, like
save/load, Rational Rose support, report generation etc.
news://nomagic.products.magicdrawuml.suggestions - suggested
improvements and new features.

Note: You must add our news server news.nomagic.com to your servers list
before you can access these forums.

If you prefer email then write us:
[log in to unmask] - private questions about product installation,
etc.

We have created a mailing list of MagicDraw users. This list is
dedicated for the discussions about  MagicDraw features. Feel free to
suggest what should be added to the next MagicDraw version.
To subscribe to that list, send a message to:

Subject: <blank>
Body: subscribe magicdraw

Bug reports

We at No Magic are committed to bringing the best quality tools and
features sets to the market place ant the lowest possible prices.
Therefore any complaints regarding product quality are welcome at:

We appreciate you business and continued interest in MagicDraw UML.

Best Wishes,
Saulius Kaukenas and Rest of MagicDraw UML team
No Magic, Inc.
February 25th, 2000