GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Njie Awa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:30:57 -0000
YES Sir, Enough is Enough.  As a member to this forum I refuse to believe
that the opposition will win this election, we can pump in thousands of
dollars to help them, but they will loose anyway.

I think what needs to be done is to call a government shut down, advise all
civil servants to stay home for a week possibly 2wks, Butcher Jammeh cannot
run the country by himself, as desperate as he can be I do not think he will
send the army to kill the civil servants at their homes.  Trust me Guys this
will work, we can organise it from this end advise all goverment employee to
stay home for a week or two just tolet the Butcher know that enough is
enough, if the School kids can put their precious lifes on the line and
think we as adults can stand up to this evil person.I was in Dakar last year
they had a very sucessful demonstration, they had answer to their course,
everyone stayed home, airport closed all flights directed to Banjul, no taxi
and no bus on the street.  We should act now before the elections.