GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
george sarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:18:52 -0400
KB,
 Mucho gracias my good friend. Let the mental midgets know that I STILL wear my pants one leg at a time! Their Marabouts and NIAs can work OT all they want;  their condescending praise-singers can yap, yelp, and squeal all they want but the genuinely concerned gambians among us WILL  continue to hound this rogue 'gouvernement' (excuse my French) that injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Sycophants like that  Senior Planner can't seem to get this simple argument into their thick skulls, so long as they are not the victims and they are compensated well for others misfortunes, which btw never come singly. So long as these ALES suffering puppeteers are getting invitations to D500 galas, they don't give a rat's ass whether our farmers ever received a cent from their produce. In fact our Senior Planner (who btw is a distinguished knucklehead) doesn't have a clue as to  when his mighty-than-thou  'gouvernement' is going to pay off the monies owed to these hardworking people.  All he cares about is his paycheck. Hell, we sure him trying to sell internet access to these poor farmers, without even figuring out how someone that lives in abject poverty; coupled with promisory notes that never amount zilch for their survival, is ever going to afford such a priviledge. These folks need access to funds, food and water. Internet access would be caveat and I'm sure it would have been great for these folks, but there comes a time when one has to put their priorities in order. This 'gouvernement'  needs to get it's priority straight, if you ask me. But even that is asking too much. I guess that explains why we have the inmates running the assylum.

BTW, let me expound on a flimsy viewpoint one APRC inmate once opined to me. Folks, I must warn you ahead of time that this is hilarious, but I find it very pathetic and at best nauseating. This mental midget went on to say that Jammeh is a blessing to The Gambia. That the fact that Jammeh came from the lowest class of people in our society -The 'Jolas' - to becoming the president made him a godsend. That this should give gambians a PAUSE. A 'PAUSE' my foot! I swear all these mental midgets need help. Within a minute into our conversant, this man's entire psycological profile was right in front for me for graps. I knew right then I was dealing with a sycophant.

Honestly folks, at this point I didn't know what to tell this sycophant. Talk about an encounter with the unexplained. Are these people OK? I mean seriously. Something is very wrong with these people. Give the 'Jola' people a freaking break! Why do these people always bring tribal sentiments and stereotypes into the picture. Can they atleast leave Allah's name out of it too? Christ! For the life in me, I couldn't understand a word from everything coming out of this smug's mo'th (I mean mouth). Good grief!  And can you believe this is one of Jammeh's closest confidants. Of course you can,,hehehe!
I figured, hell, since I'm granted the opportunity to meet face-a-face with one of Jammeh's elite lackeys, I said what heck George ,  take advantage - ask more questions. Sure! Anyway, so I ask this puppeteer; whatever happens to Jammeh's promise of electrifying the entire nation before the 2001 elections? Remember how we all saw Jammeh and his entourage drivng from Stink Corner all the way to Fatoto showing everyone our newly arrived generators and how the crowd fell for it? Well, you know the answer I got from this sycophant? You don't wanna know. Are you sure folks? Ok , I'll spit it out. The moron told me someone added SALT in the generators to sabortage the mission. Bilai Walai Talai, I am NOT making this up folks. S-A-L-T ! The funnier part was he too vigorously insisted that he wasn't making it up either. Can anyone find a grain of SALT in this bogus story? Assuming this actually took place and that some oppositon thug vandalized our newly arrived generators; wouldn't it be more appropriate as common sense would dictate that a generator causing gambian tax-payers god-knows-what would have some kind of INSURANCE ( you know , insuring something valuable- duh). This is pathetic. I got up and left. May God bless The Gambia.

PS: Before moralisers on this List jump to conclusions and accuse me of name-calling, let make it emphatically clear that I did NOT name any names. I believe you have to name someones name before anyone can accuse you of name-calling. So hold your ponies (horses).