GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:14:04 +0000
Abdoulie, thanks very much for this forward.  I was with E&Y, LLP and can
definitely relate to Mr. Rider's struggle.  In fact, while I was there the
two African-American partners in the Chicago Office were also railroaded.
The senior among the two was forced out like Mr. Rider and the second was
partially forced out by asking him to relocate to an office and smaller
division in California.  The whole structure is driven by greed.  My current
employer has E&Y as it's outside auditor and I see the same fellows that
were my co-workers and who know nothing about IT, Law, etc., come to try to
peddle these services.  I am their worst nightmare and they are very
uncomfortable when we sit in  meetings and you see them try to pitch to the
gullible, services they do not neeed or they are not capable of providing.
In the 80s and 90s you could not tell them anything.  Hopefully, the
aftermath of Enron Corp would not be like that of the S&L crisis.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou