GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:04:35 +0200
I supposed it is becoming the hot issue at the APRC bantaba,learning that
one of their own is under siege from the international community.
The big worry certainly,would be who is the next on the line to face the
fact of being an international outcast.The president perharps is the one
having the hottest bit to swallow.Why? Since Baba jobe operates under the
direct instruction of his boss,the president must be having nightmares for
allowing himself to be fooled by this poisnous lier.
Is clear that, during the last presidential election, Mr Jobe was one of
those arrogant APRC militants responsible for the beating and harassement of
opposition politicians.He is a very dangerous man and Yaya knows that. What
is in store for the Gambia and the opposition for that matter, in the coming
general election, would be an escalation of Baba Jobe's terror
nationwide.The guy, not been able to travel outside of the gambia would
became like a lion cofined to his den or locked up in a zoo. Baba will now
blame his sanction on ordinary Gambians and the opposition.Since he cannot
go out of the country incase of an opposition victory in the coming general
elections,he would not hesitate to use, among other things violece to ensure
the ARRC victory.He must be feeling frustrated and mad.
Baba is the worst thing that ever happened to Jarra. He is giving everyone a
bad name.For the Gambia ,our homeland, we pray for sanity and democracy to
return to the Gambia ever and forever.
Baba like many other former residents of Libya, knew the Gambians who formed
the Taylor security circle. They are willing men who would not care about
invading Gambia should Taylor falls apart with Jammeh.He
(Baba) knows that, he would be the first target should anything like that
takes place. We are a peace loving people. There is hardly any
Gambian who would wish for war in that country.We should stand by our deeds
as descent people would and be ready to defend ourselves and our families
against terrorists like Jobe.I hope Mr Jobe would understand that he cannot
hold the gambia hostage while travelling outside of the country.I hope he
would understand that the walls are closing up on him.You Mr Jobe, will
account for what ever you did and stil continue doing.There is no hiding
place.