GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
malik kah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:05:45 +0000
Events unfolding in the Gambia indicate that the end is nigh, Baba Jobe and
Yankuba Touray were the most vocal and conveniently positioned in the
hiearchy of the APRC, the aprc as a movement have never existed peresay but
with the organisational schemes oy Yankuba and Baba they had a semblence of
a party now that these two party stalwarts are removed and disgraced nothing
remains but a hollowed concept. The APRC is no more the pretence is
unravelling, now more than ever the opportunity exist for the opposition
parties to dictate the direction of events, with little understanding and
sincererity Jammeh could be pushed, this may not be easy but it is much more
probable than ever before. What we are wittnessing is manifestation of
desperation, but to capitalise will require a modicum of organisation. All
the opposition parties should develop an approach that would facilitate a
common strategy, after all things are falling apart and the centre cannot
any longer hold, instead of allowing events to just roll by a concious
effort should be taken to push Jammeh even further to the edge. Clearly
Jammeh have demonstrated that he have no friends any body that appear to be
gaining a momentum of popularity would sooner or later be a sacrificial
lamb. In such a precarious position all those who had assumed that they are
insulated from the reach of Jammeh are feeling exposed and vulnerable. Of
all people Yankuba was the most vocal of his griots he wou7ld always run to
the defence of the master, now that the master do'nt want him any more he is
feeling the brunt, of course no tears or sympathy must be extended, after
all, these people should have seen the oscillating tendencies of Jammeh and
now they the authors of their own folly.

I hope instead of condeming and explaining all the opposition parties would
evolve a common approach to capitalising after all the dead knell of the
APRC is sounding loud and clear, without friends and mates Jammeh is left
very vulnerable