GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 03:55:08 -0800
Ben Nj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Brothers,

I would first like to appologize to all of you for some of the things i am
going to say but i feel like someone needs to say them. I know some of you.
I have met Ebou Jallow on various occasions both in the gambia and the US
but i don't think you know me. I belief i have met Joe Sambou once(that is
if you are related to Alieu Jasseh the referee). Essa Bokar i might know
too.

Anyway, the reason why i am mentioning all of these links is that Gambia is
a small country and we are related or connected in very interesting ways.
That does not mean that we cannot confront one another with the truth. In
fact, that should compel us to try to direct one another towards good and
the doing of good. However, in our desire towards what is good and just, it
is very important to guide our dignity( and i will elabourate on this a
little more).

I like reading the L due to the fact that apart from learning a great deal,
i feel a lot more connected to the Gambia. The past few articles that i
read with the crazed exchange between some of you is very depressing. I was
perticularely dissapointed with the childish exchange between Ebou Jallow
and Joe Sambou. Essa Bokars articles are also very juvenile. Essa, why do
you have to yell. your articles even though perhaps good intentioned are
reduced to a convolution of nonsense. if this is your attempt at humor, i
would like to inform you that not many people are loughing. in fact, some
of you have debased the L so much that i am not sure it is worth publishing
any longer. I am sure most of you have legitimate reasons to be angry but i
think one could make a point without resourting to foolishness and insults.
Yes, i think some of what you all had to say have been informative. I
learned a lot from many of the articles. However, adults like you should
not reduce themselves to the level you have brought your selves in the
Gambia_l.

I have the following observations.

1. Essa Bocar, i am sure most of the forum do not understand what you are
trying to say. Perhaps you could help us all by adding a little more
maturity to your articles. I have nothing against your writing. In fact,
as you can planely see, i do not write that well.

2. Joe Sambou, like you most Gambians are dissapointed with the Jammeh
government. I and many Gambians think Jammeh is not only incompetent as a
leader but he is also a criminal from day one. All of us have a lot to be
angry about but you could express your views in a dignified manner.

3. Ebou Jallow. Where should i start? Of course, i do not have to tell
anyone how childish ebou sounds it is plain for all to see. Ebou, you do
not need to prove anything to us the readers. I frankly am not interested
in your literary skills i just want to know the truth. There are better
ways of communicating your point on all of these issues without necessarily
trying to prove literary sophistication (i cant spell the damn woord but you
know what i mean). On a larger issue however, i think you need serious self
examination. To say that you are in denial is a serious understatement. I
mean after unvailing some of the most serious aligations against Jammeh and
his goons(by the way, many of us are grateful for that) you flip-flopped by
turning arround and kissing up to Jammeh. And then in the past few months
you turned right back to criticising Jammeh. I mean, you would only be
lying in one of your two possitions. So please stop fooling arround and
level with the Gambian people. Whiles you are at it, i think you owe it to
gambians to explain all the aleged monies you took from public coffers. I
assure you that many of us are not going to forget.

Brothers, the reason why i decided to write to your individual e-mails is
that you have turned the L in to a zoo. I did not want to add to the
stampeed. I currently perticipate in a forum where most of the perticipants
are much younger than all of you are but they show much more maturity than
those of you on the L. the site is Camara.DK

Che jama
KJ

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!

Think before you sink!
"Pessimists see difficulty in every opportunity and optimists see an opportunity in every challenge"
"Suits cannot be made without scissors and niddles,so decent minds disagree to agree"