GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kabir Njaay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 19:48:27 +0200
"...As a culture, people of African descent have bought into and have
likewise been transformed by innumerable social and cultural
falsehoods, and can no longer afford to take anything else at face
value. We must begin to check and recheck everything fed into our minds
whether it?s through the media, the educational system, religion and
most definitely Washington D.C.

It is likewise essential for Africans worldwide to develop a
comprehensive knowledge on the art of misdirection and the mechanics of
misinformation, which has been employed against the African world
community for so many years. We can no longer accept half-truths and
misleading information as our foundation without sifting through every
particle, and thus arriving at our own conclusions."

Buharry,

Thanks a bunch for this forward. It seems what we have in Africa today, and
indeed during the past five decades or so, is the blind leading the blind
and whatever comes out of the 'West' is considered Gospel, especially by a
good segment of our so-called intellectuals.

What is even more worrying is the fact that this totally useless bunch
totally ignore, or even refuse out right, the existence of machinations by
imperialism, let alone accepting it as an important variable in Africa's
present predicament.

Sometimes you can't help but really wonder why some of us went to school in
the first place, for as Joe would tell you, we have been short-changed and
should demand our money back; we most often than not end up being simply
more ignorant than than the 'illiterates'. Maybe it would have been enough
with those childhood stories that we all loved to listen to of 'The hyena
and the rabbit,' at least then, maybe, we would not always accord ourselves
the role of the hyena who always got out-smarted in the end?

Regards,

Kabir.

On 5/21/07, Momodou Buharry Gassama <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Conflict Diamonds: ?A Linguistic Deception?
>

> by M Quinn
>
> Global Research, December 7, 2006
>

> Email this article to a friend
> Print this article
>

> According to the westernized thingish way of thinking, everything must
> be assigned a name, label, or definition. Many times the categorization
> assigned to things, tends to lead people further away from the truth,
> rather than closer to it.  Nevertheless, the minds of western
> phraseologist are at it again, with an extremely disingenuous
> classification regarding the wars and conflicts within the diamond rich
> regions of Africa.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい