GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Muhammed Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 01:19:52 +0000
  Assalamu Alaikum
  All Praise to Allah (SWT),Lord of all that exist(Alaamin) O Allah (SWT) have mercy on Muhammad (SAW) his family, his companions, his helpers, his wives and his progeny and bestow upon them much peace.

  Members of The Gambia L I hereby appeal to all of you for us all to stop the personal attacks and concentrate on issues that are of benefit to The Gambia and The Gambian people.

  Let us remember that what we write here will be recorded in the archives and it will be used for generations of future users.

  Members of the L, I hereby appeal to you all to be calm and not be emotional; let us argue with each other but on issues only.

  Members of the L, please when we write let us write the (HAQQ) truth and let us write with objectivity and try by all means to assert our independence and stop being bias.

  Members of the L, I will remind you that none of us belong to any tribe. We are Gambians and that is what matters. My surname is Drammeh I speak English, Wollof, Mandinka, Sarahule, and I can even speak a little bit of Fula.
  We only call ourselves these grouping just because we are able to speak them. The only thing that is true is that we are Gambians and this is what is true.

  I know there are some who will argue that there is a statement in the Holy Qhuran Al karim in Surah Al Hujurat in verse 13 that " .......we have divided you into tribes and people so that you may know each other...... " What a tribe mean in Arabic and what it means to us is different. The Arabs all speak one language and a tribe exist once the family becomes big it is not determined by language. We need to understand this ayat and not abuse the meaning.

  If at all we belong to any tribe we all belong to one and that is the tribe of GAMBIA and thus we are Gambians so talented to be able to speak up to 6 languages
  Until I received any comment from you
  Wasalaam

Muhammad Bai Drammeh Bin Alhagie Sheihu Muhammad Lamin Drammeh Bin Muhammad Kanday Drammeh bin Muhammad Kissima Drammeh bin Foday Drammeh