GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:13:31 -0500
This morning when I read in Gambian newspapers that some ‘Blood Diamond
Dealers’ were apprehended in Gambia and are in the custody of the NIA, I did
not know whether to laugh or to cry (as my friend Hamjatta Kanteh would
say). It was funny because little was said about the most important
character in the story. Although everyone could see the ten-ton-elephant in
the room, the Newspaper could NOT even muster the courage to refer to him by
name. This is just hilarious.

But on the other hand, we are dealing with a very serious matter that
demands serious reporting; calling names and doing serious investigative
work. We all know the ten-ton-elephant the Paper was too scared to mention:
BAABAA (‘BLOOD DIAMOND DEALER) JOBE; United Nations and the whole world
labeled him that, NOT me. The mental midgets do NOT even know how to plant a
newspaper story. Do I need to tell them that they should NOT make it so
obvious that they are hiding something? Anyone that has a functioning brain
and followed (somewhat) the ‘Blood Diamond Trade’ knows that you CANNOT
write a story about ‘Blood Diamond’ in Gambia without naming Baabaa (Blood
Diamond Dealer) Jobe. The man has been proscribed by the United Nations for
being the only Gambian ‘Blood Diamond Dealer’. Everyone knows that.

I hope Baabaa (Blood Diamond Dealer) Jobe’s calculations do not backfire on
him again. These morons are such amateurs it is not even funny. The Belgian
and the Sierra Leonean that were caught might not know Baabaa Jobe very well
or they might not know the ineptitude of the NIA. All serious law
enforcement agencies in the world know that the NIA is only populated by the
dumbest thugs one can get. These morons CANNOT even investigate a massacre
that happened in broad daylight in the country. They have NEVER unraveled a
bona fide coup plot in the country. All they do is lie about soldiers that
belong to different tribes from Yaya. Going through the NIA record one will
NOT find a single sophisticated plot the morons have ever foiled. Now, who
in their right minds will think that the morons at the NIA can intercept a
sophisticated ‘Blood Diamond’ deal? The whole world know that diamond
dealers from our neck of the woods are under an intense microscope as we
speak/write. You think the people involved in this high-risk game would be
so inept to be caught by the ‘thorough’ investigative work (‘vigorous
surveillance’) of none other than the morons at our NIA? Only Baabaa Jobe
believes that. What is going on here is clearly visible to the naked eye.
Someone close to the ‘Blood Diamond’ trade in The Gambia and someone that
has serious connections at the NIA ratted on these dealers. Well, who is so
above the law in Gambia that if he fingers someone as a ‘Blood Diamond
Dealer’, no one would ask him how he knew them? Baabaa (‘Blood Diamond
Dealer) Jobe. Think about it.

In any case, I am glad that these criminals were caught. I hope that if and
when they get debriefed by serious law enforcement agencies, they will shed
more light on their ‘agents’ in Gambia. If I were questioning this Belgian
and Sierra Leonean, the first question I will ask them would be: do you know
a Gambian called Baabaa Jobe? Has he ever offered you a Gambian diplomatic
passport? You get my drift. Rest assured that the NIA will NEVER bring up
Baabaa Jobe’s name. Or if they bring up his name, they will torture this
Belgian and the Sierra Leonean to say that they do not know Baabaa Jobe.
When this illegal government did not have a Belgian and a Sierra Leonean to
set up, they blamed the ‘Blood Diamond’ trade in The Gambia on the
Sarahulehs that were working mighty hard to earn a legitimate living and had
absolutely nothing to do with ‘Blood Diamonds’. Now, according to the
newspaper, it is no longer the fault of the Sarahulehs. It has never been
Baabaa Jobe’s fault. Now, it is the fault of this Belgian and this Sierra
Leonean. What the Paper is missing is that there are high-stakes involved
here. The sloppy journalism being practiced at Observer (whereby journalists
do not even have the courage to call Baabaa Jobe by name) would have
absolutely no impact on the international dragnet to capture ‘Blood Diamond
Terrorists’ around the world. It is easy to see through these shenanigans.
Just like the UN investigators laughed at Baabaa Jobe when he said that he
did not know Viktor Bout (despite that he was confronted with a document
bearing his and Bout’s signature), even mildly smart people will just laugh
at this latest ploy to heap our ‘Blood Diamond’ problem on two foreign
nationals. Our problem is Baabaa (‘Blood Diamond Dealer’) Jobe and Yaya’s
PRIVATE plane. Our problem is the illegal APRC government that would take an
internationally proscribed criminal and make him its leader in Parliament.
KB