GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 01:16:30 EST
Mr Sidibeh:

Thanks for the response.  I failed to realize you were going through such a
tumultuous period with respect to everything which has transpired back home.
I wish not go too much into your email for it raises questions which I assume
are too personal..  After all, you are also a member of the Gambia-L, a
democratic cyber community where everyone is free to use their minds and thus
make there own political affiliations and judgments.  This, even when the
difference between good and bad is so distinct back home.

For this reason, I will refrain from asking you what perspective your book on
Yahya Jammeh was taking.  Maybe, with time you will have a better perspective
of the workings of "those processes of the mind that are perhaps a necessary
prelude to madness", as you said.  The saga is still unfolding as we speak.
I hope it ends soon for the common good of our country.

On Dumo Saho, detention without representation or proper evidence is not
fair.  An end to this whole saga will see him released quickly and in the
meantime I empathize with his situation.

I still look forward to the book.

Best regards,
Yus