GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alieu Jawara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:39:14 -0500
Fellows, I've lived adn worked in south eastern Nigeria for almost two years and during that time I've seen religious groups write all kinds of literature about the Qur'an with the intention of converting less informed muslims. This practice isn't new and is as old as the revelelation of the Qur'an almost 15 centuries ago. I have to tell you they really on't have much success and if you look into the Qur'an you might see why. The Qur'an says it is God that revealed the Qur'an and it is He that will protect (guide) it. Amongst the way He's doing this I guess it is the way He made it so easy to memorise. The Qur'an today is memorised (cover to cover) by millions all over the world. I haven't visited any society yet without seeing some Hafiz (people that memorize the book in it's entirety) not to mention people that memorise several chapters. The Qur'an is memorised by kids as young as 5 and people who do not even speak the language of the Qur'an (Arabic). And one last note, show me
 another scripture that is intact in the original language of it's prophet in the same words uttered by it's prophet.
Kebba, thank you for forwarding that and sharing with all of us, I see nothing wrong with forwarding it. There are volumes of such publications by the enemies of Islam and whether we like it or not they'll be distributed it's better to educate people about it than to ignore it. I wont waste your time by sending you specific examples of what's written but write to me privately if you're interested.
thanks, Alieu

Hussien Tambajang <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Malanding,
Anway thanks for your respond but thats not the intention to
waste time or computer space,as soffie cessay mention in more modest way.

>From: Malanding Jaiteh
>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: FAKE QUARAN
>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:47:48 -0500
>
>Kebba,
>This kind of mail is just to waste our collective time and valuable
>computer space. I do not think the majority of muslims or any religion
>for that matter should be worried about some internet version of their
>holy book!
>
>Malanding
>

>[log in to unmask] wrote: