GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saiks samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 20:53:42 PDT
Dear Tejan,
If I could get you clearly,those who are spending the millions for fund
raising are the very one sending off people from their jobs,after many years
of loyal service.If this is the case,I believed they are posing a challenge to
the labour movement at home.I am just wondering what will the departments
involved be doing in this case since it is a matter of national interest.The
labour Union must understand that without putting up a fight we might see a
repetition of such cases.
In solidarity with the Gambian workers !

For Freedom

Saiks
Fellow Gambia's,
It is time to ask question about the circus of events .Is it a mistake to
sack
64 workers when the tourist season is just about to start or is it deliberate
hold government to ransom on the suspension or allow me to say banning of the
controversial all-inclusive package? WHY is it that the company is claiming
that
they have lost D210 million because of the all inclusive ban and yet still
,spending D3 million on a concert to raise funds for charity  and yet still
they
cannot maintain the sacked staffs ?AS THE SAYING GOES, CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME
.Most of the sacked staff  have spent between 10 to 20  years working for the
siva Sun beach hotels and have served over the years without a single warning
in
there files.The latest today was that the f.b manager and housekeeper were
subjected to interrogation and suspended them without given them  a letterto
that effect .Is there a labour department in the country or not ? I am not
sup
rice that mr Jabbi of the A.GS  chambers mentioned in a t.v programme that 60
percent ot the cases in court are labour matters.IWhat is the Tourist office
doing , are they waiting until there is industrial action before they react?
Enough is enough.Once more  The Gambia government  has a policy of poverty
alleviation and not poverty aggravation and and move by Government to accept
blackmail to overturn the dices ion to ban the all-inclusive would bring
suffering to the entire GAMBIAN NATION. I have been accused by The Management
of
Kairaba to be the leader of the group fighting the all-inclusive and i have
accepted the challenge and do not mind going to gail for it.
THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES.
Chi Jamma, Bro .Sheikh Tejan Nyang