GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 15:13:11 +0100
Yerro mama,

You must have had a wonderful time in Banjul. So much  about the development
of democracy,good news, if this is the case would you not also credit the
opposition party for putting up resistant from being bullied by the NIA, the
journalist who have been tortured,unlawfully arrested and detained for
articles they wrote and yet still insist in doing their job, for students who
have seen their comrades murdered and yet still insist on carrying on with
their student activities, the women who have been told by the president that
he is not responsible for their protections and yet still insist in carrying
out their programmes, personally I believed that we owe every thing to these
great people than the APRC.
Secondly as you are informing us that the election campaigned are on, there is
also this disturbing message of the arrest of Independent candidates, who even
claimed to be APRC members and strong supporters of the Party. Whiles in the
Gambia, have you not been worried with such activities of the NIA ? if they
can involve themselves in the nomination process of a political party, what
else do you think these people are not capable of doing ? If you are worried,
will you join the call to disband the National Intelligent Agency and be
replaced by a more intelligent agency that is able to see the difference
between national security and the political rights of people.
Happy New Year Yerromama pulo etc

For Freedom
Saiks