GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:24:16 -0500
Ebrima,

Do not worry about it. When it is time to go I will go. I know what I am
doing and I will always stand by my deeds.

As for he Observer article, it was engineered by Kebba Dibba, The Editor. He
was a GRTS staff and when he was identified to be the Editor-in-Chief, he
wanted to be seconded to the Observer. I told him no, it is not possible. We
just cannot second him to a private organisation, he has to resign if he
want to be the Editor-in-Chief of the Observer. He was not happy about my
decision. Again he was ordered to settle his liabilities with GRTS.

When he was told about about the rumour of me being fired, he called me for
the first time since he left and I told him that it was a lie, and that I am
still the Director of GRTS. He went ahead to write the story anyway. It is
nothing.

For some the detractors, even if the Observer had written an article denying
it, some would have said it is a cover up. It is a no win situation from you
guys any way.

Let's say I am fired and I am no longer the Director of GRTS. That will not
change my conviction and my contribution to the development of this country.
I have many more roles that I am playing other than being the head of GRTS.

I am still here as Director General of GRTS for your information. This role
and others are temporary roles and one day I will not here. I will just move
on to something else.

PEACE

Tombong