GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:06:55 EDT
In a message dated 6/13/2001 2:46:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Annika,

 I share your summary that the government does not have convincing
 evidence to prosecute the case , but i'm not of the view that the government
 is embarrassed because it simmply does not exist in the government's
 vocabulary.

 Beran

I agree. These people do not know the meaning of embarassment. Instead, I'd
say that they have no case against these people, and are now trying to cook
up one with the aid of this mafioso, Francisco. Classic Jammeh regime way of
doing things. These people will make up anything to cover themselves, except
they are so inept that those attempts always end up as a catastrophe. Just
look at Yaya Jammeh's attempt to accuse the UDP of instigating the Student
demonstrations and therefore being responsible for the ensuing disaster. I
think someone must be under the influence of some narcotic when they make
these stupid attempts. Is that off the wall or what!
I listened to a commentary by Daniel Shaw on NPR in which he was accusing
President Bush of acting now, and thinking later. Yaya Jammeh and his
advisors/cohorts have the market cornered on that one. He took out the patent
on acting now and thinking later a long time ago, and the thinking part has
much to be desired.
With the impending elections, these people are trying almost anything to
discredit their opponents, as well as to try to cover up all the atorcities
they have committed against innocent people without a shred of evidence
except paranoia fed by ingnorance and greed. They are not fooling anyone.

Jabou Joh